We believe in building healthy individuals and communities in order to be active and healthy for life. Whether we are playing in the gym, taking advantage of the outdoors, or using a multi-purpose space for games and activities, our staff will ensure your child(ren) are active and healthy each and every day. Our program focuses on increasing activity and physical literacy in participants through skill building activities, games, and sport.
Nicomekl Elementary School
The price is $11.85/day. With our flex-registration system, you can choose the days that work best for your family!
If you need to add or remove a day of Beyond the Bell, you need to call Douglas Recreation Centre (604-514-2865) or Timms Community Centre (604-514-2940) 48 hours before. Additions after 48 hours before the registered day cannot be accommodated, cancellations after 48 hours before the registered day will not be refunded.
Beyond the Bell runs two (2) hours after the dismissal bell.
The program will start on October 25, 2021 and end on December 17, 2021. There will be no scheduled programs on pro-d days, non-instructional days and statutory holidays.
Each day we focus on fundamental movement skills, physical literacy, games and cooperation. Activities are included that introduce or practice these skills in a fun, non-competitive environment. Daily happenings vary to allow for input from the kids, free time, and snacks (not provided).
Our program focuses on increasing activity and physical literacy in participants through skill building activities, games, and sport.
Physical Literacy is the development of fundamental movement skills that enable us to move with competence and confidence in a wide variety of physical activities and environments.
We have a maximum of 24 children per day.
All staff go through an interview, reference check, and criminal record check before they are hired. Additionally, all staff must:
- Have a valid First Aid certificate.
- Complete a City of Langley specific orientation process that includes safety, expectations, and customer service
- Finish program-specific training co leading and facilitating Fundamental Movement skills and increasing physical literacy
- Complete HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development and NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills
We have assessed all active spaces and determined how many users can safely participate in the facility at any given time, based on physical distancing requirements and guidelines as set out by BCRPA and the Provincial Health Officer.
For Everyone’s Safety:
- Pre-registration is required.
- Children who are sick will not be allowed entry.
- Explicit policy for children and staff who leaves the program due to symptoms of COVID-19.
- Upon entering, the children will be required to clean their hands.
- Children will be directed to wash their hands frequently.
- Please bring your own water and snacks.
- Bathrooms will be open with appropriate physical distancing measures. (As per school guidelines)
- Use of outdoor space for various activities
- Please arrive dressed for active play
Registration will start on September 29th at 8:30am by calling Timms Community Centre at 604-514-2940 or Douglas Recreation Centre at 604-514-2865.
Advance registration is highly recommended. Payment in full is required and a completed medical form is required to be given to the Leaders on first day.
If you need further information on the program, please call 604-514-2940 or 604-514-2865.