2020 Environmental Task Group
City Council is looking for one Langley City resident to serve on the Environmental Task Group representing a member of the community at-large.
City Council has reviewed its Strategic Plan priorities and as a result proposed a number of new environmental initiatives and programs. To facilitate action, an Environmental Task Group was established to evaluate and recommend to City Council bylaws and policies related to the protection and enhancement of the environment.
This task group will be asked to prioritize, evaluate and develop a business case for the implementation of various environmental initiatives and programs. For example:
• Installation of rain barrels for watering plants
• Promote solid waste and recycling education programs and incentives for businesses
• Create a bylaw to ban plastic bags
• Promote landscape boulevards and environmental features on boulevards by residents, food production, bees/butterfly gardens
• Promote landscape, garden and environmental ideas for multi-family home owners
• Create an Urban Forest
If you’re interested in participating in this exciting work and you have time and energy to commit to project planning and promotion, please send an email to Paula Kusack (email@example.com) with the following information:
• Residential Address
• Email Address
• List any community groups you are currently associated with
• Tell us why you would like to serve on this task group
• Tell us how you can benefit the work of this task group
• Any additional comments you’d like to provide
If you’d like to review the Environmental Task Group Terms of Reference and mandate in more detail please go to our website: https://www.langleycity.ca/council-admin/city-council/committees-and-ta…
The group usually meets the second Thursday of each month, except August.
Under normal circumstances, meetings take place in person at Langley City Hall from 7pm - 9pm. However, in light of the COVID-19 situation, meetings will take place remotely, via videoconferencing technology. Members will have an opportunity to participate in a training session prior to participating in a live meeting.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm, Tuesday, May 5, 2020.