For City of Langley Regular Council meeting of October 19, 2020.
Please note these are not the official minutes. Council Meeting Highlights are an informal summary. Council Meeting agenda is available here: https://langleycity.ca/cityhall/city-council/council-meetings. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Discharge of Land Use Contract No. 23-73 Bylaw, 2020, No. 3131
Council adopted Discharge of Land Use Contract No. 23-73 Bylaw, 2020, No. 3131 which authorizes the discharge of Land Use Contract No. 23-73 from the property located at 20093 – 44 Avenue to permit a secondary suite at the property.
Bylaw 3136 - 2021 Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw
Council adopted Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw, 2021, No. 3136 which exempts certain lands and improvements from municipal taxation for the year 2021.
Environmental Task Group October 8, 2020 Meeting Report
Council considered a report from the City's Environmental Task Group and subsequently passed the recommendations of the Task Group as follows:
THAT Council direct staff to complete a report covering waste management for events within City of Langley including the following:
- How event waste management is currently addressed;
- Summarize the typical events held within the City of Langley;
- How waste at events can be reduced;
- What waste reduction education resources should be provided at events;
- Should the City implement a requirement that event organizers must submit a waste management plan prior to event approval;
- Identify the components of a suggested waste management plan;
- Identify implications to event organizers;
- Estimate the cost and resource implications for City organized events.