For City of Langley Regular Council meeting of March 9, 2020.
Please note these are not the official minutes. Council Meeting Highlights are an informal summary. Council Meeting agenda is available here: www.langleycity.ca/council-admin/city-council/council-meetings. For more information, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Update - City's Readiness and Response to COVID-19
Ginger Sherlock, Langley Emergency Program Coordinator provided a presentation on municipal readiness & response to the COVID-19 outbreak within the region, providing the following information:
Recommendations from Fraser Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water;
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid others who are unwell; and
- Stay home when you are sick
Health Canada & Provincial Health - to speak to someone:
- Novel coronavirus information 1.833.784.4397
- Health information 8.1.1
Langley readiness and response – pandemic emergency guideline triggers
- Senior staff are reviewing their critical functions and activities and then reviewing or developing cascading, systematic workarounds for potential business interruptions
- Role of Mayor and Council – Policy Group responsibilities
- Remember to always look at the source of the information:
- Is it credible?
- Is it from HEALTH?
- Is it meant for us, here in Langley?
The presentation may be viewed as part of the March 9, 2020 Regular Council Meeting video on the City's Council Meeting Minutes page
Environmental Task Group Terms of Reference Amendment
Council approved an amendment to the City's Environmental Task Group Terms of Reference to increase the membership composition by adding an additional voting “member of the community at large”, for a total of two voting “members of the community at large” in the task group.
Support for Implementation of a Universal Public National Pharmacare Program
Council resolved to send a letter to the Minister of Health Canada with copies to City of Langley MPs and the provincial Minister of Health, calling on the Federal Government to work with the provinces and territories to develop and implement a Universal Public National Pharmacare program.