History of the Langley City Parks Foundation
On May 22, 1979, the Langley City Parks Foundation was established as a non-profit society. The Foundation was created to provide a means for individuals, groups and organizations to make donations towards park improvement projects in the City of Langley. The Parks Foundation works hand in hand with the City of Langley Parks Division and the Point of Pride Program to enhance our community. Donations are accepted for the purpose of installing approved fixtures and improvements in the City of Langley. All fixtures are maintained by City staff so that residents and visitors may appreciate your donation.
There are many reasons to donate to the Parks Foundation:
• Celebrate a personal or professional milestone in your life;
• Honour the memory of a loved one;
• Enhance community pride;
• Provide a living memory for friends and family; and,
• Recognize your school, club or sports organization.
Download the PDF version of Langley City Parks Donation Brochure, and contact City staff if you are interested in making a donation.
Classic Wooden Bench
Constructed with cast iron frame and wooden slat seating. Cost includes a commemorative plaque. ($2,200.00)
Recycled Plastic Bench
Constructed with recycled plastic. Cost includes a commemorative plaque. ($1,000.00)
Classic Wood Picnic Table
This attractive and accessible table is typically set on a concrete pad. Cost includes a commemorative plaque. ($2,200.00)
Recycled Plastic Picnic Table
Constructed with recycled plastic. Cost includes a commemorative plaque. ($1,200.00)
The species and location of the tree to be coordinated with the Parks Department. Cost includes a commemorative plaque. ($1,000.00)
• Donations are recognized with a receipt suitable for tax purposes.
• The donation includes the cost for supply and installation of the donated item.
• Location requests are welcome for the placement of donated items that commemorate a favourite place, a loved one or an important event. However, the final location will depend on site conditions.
• Timing of installation depends on multiple factors and may take several weeks. Donors will be contacted when the item is in place.
• Donations of benches and picnic tables are maintained for a period of 10 years after which time the donation may be renewed.
For further information, please contact:
Manager of Park Operations