The Ministry of Transportation is installing a Railway Crossing Information System (RCIS) which will inform drivers when trains are crossing City streets.
The Railway Crossing Information System project includes six Motorist Advisory Signs at key locations in Langley, Surrey and the Township of Langley. The Motorist Advisory Signs will give drivers timely rail-crossing information so they can make informed travel decisions. The Railway Crossing Information System project will help reduce congestion and delays for drivers crossing the Roberts Bank Rail Corridor.
Railway Crossing Information System (RCIS) Project Benefits
- Gives drivers timely information when trains are occupying rail crossings
- Reduces congestion and delays for drivers crossing the Roberts Bank Rail Corridor in the communities of Langley and Surrey
- Improves accessibility for motorists and emergency vehicles when trains occupy rail-crossings
- Improves community safety and quality of life
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions because of less idling times
For more information about the Railway Crossing Information System: