The City of Langley welcomes property developers and investors. With a mission to provide streamlined customer service, the City of Langley continues to receive top marks for approval process timing, as well as for one of the lowest commercial to residential tax rates in Metro Vancouver. (View NAIOP’s Annual Cost of Business Survey).
Learn more about our community. Get stats, facts, and more. Or peruse some of our developer-oriented resources below. If you seek additional information, such as targeted properties for redevelopment, please contact our Development Services Department.
The City of Langley enjoys a local trading population of 275,000 people, representing a $3.84 billion trade market with an average household income of about $95,000, higher than the BC average.
Market Data & Overview Information
- Introductory Brochure: Invest in the City of Langley … The Place to Be
- Community Profile
- 2019 Community Survey
Development Strategies & Plans
- Official Community Plan (OCP)
- Economic Development Strategy
- Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy
- Downtown Master Plan - Phase 1, Phase 2 & Phase 3
- Downtown Master Plan Brochures:
(1) Our Vision for the Future
(2) Urban Design & Economic Analysis
(3) Public Realm Plan: “From Grey to Green”
- Master Transportation Plan
- Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption
- Bylaw & Zoning Change Brochure: “Open the Door to New Possibilities”
- Wayfinding Strategy
- Social & Accessibility Planning
- Environmentally Sensitive Mapping Study
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Retail Attraction Brochure: Discover Retail Success in Downtown Langley
- Business Recruitment & Retention Strategy 2016
- Industrial Business Attraction Study 2015
- Retail Trade Area Analysis 2012 & Presentation
- Downtown Langley Action Plan
Profiles & Stats
- Community Profile & Site Selector Database
- Sector Profiles
- Neighbourhood Profiles
- Residential Development Sector Profile
- Other Business Sector Profiles
- Statistical Profile Summary Sheet 2015
Growth Strategies & Analysis
The City of Langley continues to be an award-winning community. Apart from receiving top marks in NAIOP’s Annual Cost of Business Survey, the City has received the following awards:
- 2015 Green Champion Award, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
- 2015 UBCM Open for Business Award: BC Small Business
- 2015 Sustainable Communities Award, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- 2014 UBCM Open for Business Award: BC Small Business
- 2014 BCEDA Community Excellence Award: Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy
- 2013 CUI Brownie Award: Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy
- 2013 UBCM Open for Business Award: BC Small Business
- 2013 NAIOP Municipal Excellence Award
- 2010 PIBC Award of Excellence: Downtown Master Plan
- 2009 EDABC Award: Downtown Master Plan
- 2008 EDABC Award: Place to Be “Branding Strategy & Marketing Materials”
IN THE MEDIA
- Business View Magazine - Langley City, British Columbia
- 2017 Best Cities for Work in BC — "City of Langley Voted Top 5" — BC Business, December 2016
- 2015 Invest in BC Magazine City of Langley Ad
- 2015 Business in Vancouver Feature
- Turning Vision Into Reality
- Business in Focus Magazine “Metro Vancouver’s Best Kept Secret'
- NAIOP’s Annual Cost of Business Survey
- Vancity 2015 “Open For Business” report ranks the City of Langley as one of the “Top Five Municipalities,” citing the low cost of doing business, access to support and vibrant markets.
Deputy Director of Development Services & Economic Development
Chief Licensing Inspector
Plan Checker / Inspector
Permits and Business Licensing Clerk
To contact the Development Services and Economic Development team please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Downtown Langley Business Association
The Downtown Langley Business Association is a business improvement association whose goal is to increase the success of Downtown Langley businesses through marketing to prospective customers, attracting new businesses and negotiating with the government.
Greater Langley Chamber Of Commerce
The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce supports most of the City of Langley's business set-up.
Township Of Langley
The Township of Langley is under a separate municipal jurisdiction from the City of Langley. However, the two jurisdictions work cooperatively on a number of initiatives.
City of Surrey
A portion of Langley's functional business district is located in the City of Surrey. The City of Langley works cooperatively with the City of Surrey on many joint ventures.
The City of Langley is a member municipality of Metro Vancouver. Information on the City of Langley can also be found on their website under Livable Centres