History of the Langley City Parks Foundation
On May 22, 1979, the Langley City Parks Foundation was established as a non-profit society. The Foundation was created to provide a means for individuals, groups and organizations to make donations towards park improvement projects in the City of Langley.
The Parks Foundation works hand in hand with the City of Langley Parks Division and the Point of Pride Program to enhance our community. Donations are accepted for the purpose of installing approved fixtures and improvements in the City of Langley. All fixtures are maintained by City of Langley staff so that residents and visitors may appreciate your donation.
There are many reasons to donate to the Parks Foundation:
• Celebrate a personal or professional milestone
in your life;
• Honour the memory of a loved one;
• Enhance community pride;
• Provide a living memory for friends and family; and,
• Recognize your school, club or sports organization.
Please contact our staff if you are interested in making a donation, or if you have any questions.
Classic Park Bench - $2,000
This bench is constructed with a cast iron frame and wooden slat seat. Cost includes a commemorative plaque.
Wooden Picnic Table $1,700
This attractive and accessible table is typically set on a concrete pad. Cost includes a commemorative plaque.
Standard Park Bench - $1,500
This bench is constructed with a welded steel frame and pressure treated wooden
seat. Cost includes a commemorative plaque.
Anti-Graffiti Digital Wrap - $800
This anti-graffiti wrap showcases some of the City of Langley’s beautiful gardens and
landscapes. Photo selection and placement to be coordinated with the Parks Department.
Cost includes a commemorative plaque.
Park Tree - $500
The species and location of trees to be coordinated with the Parks Department. Cost includes a commemorative plaque.
• Donations are recognized with a receipt suitable for tax purposes.
• The donation includes the cost for supply and installation of the donated item.
• Location requests are welcome for placement of donated items that commemorate a favorite place, a loved one or an important event. However, the final location will depend on site conditions.
• Timing of an installation depends on multiple factors and may take several weeks. Donors will be contacted when the item is in place.
• Donations of benches and picnic tables are maintained for a period of 10 years after which time the donation may be renewed.
For further information, please contact:
Manager Parks Operations
Langley City Hall